Book Blog

A place for Julie, Emily, Elizabeth, and Shari to chat about the books we are reading. An electronic replacement for the fun meetings we used to have!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Eat, Pray, Love


Elizabeth, you suggested this book to me over a year ago. What a wonderful recommendation! I started this book months ago, got busy, didn't get very far and had to return it to the library. Then months later, I decided that maybe I would listen to the book, and had to wait another six weeks until my name came up on the holds list at the library. I loved this book! It took me very far away from my rather mundane life, and really gave me lots to contemplate. I also loved listening to Elizabeth Gilbert's voice! I felt like she was speaking directly to me, and I couldn't wait until the next time I was in the car so I could listen to more. Even if you have read the actual physical book, try the audio version--I guarantee you will be as enthralled as I was.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Julie,

My sister just read the book, too. And raves about it. Now my mom is reading the same, after getting curious from my sister's recommendations. Glad you liked it, too. I wanted to go to all of those places because of the way she describes them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home